The Opportunity: Dirt Foreman
The Dirt Foreman is responsible for managing onsite operations during job outset to completion of earthwork balance as required per site requirements. This shall include but not limited to; directing, supervising, training all assigned personnel; monitoring and ensuring adherence to all company and OSHA safety requirements; track and monitor any/all import/export operations to ensure adherence to bid quantities; daily communication with site superintendent; insuring project earthwork scope is completed within budget and per the prescribed timeframe. Equipment tracking and ensure subordinates are following all company policies and protocols as to equipment maintenance and upkeep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and work alongside skilled and unskilled labor to complete large jobs in a timely fashion at a low cost.
- Plan and schedule Jobsite tasks, material deliveries, employee job task scheduling and monitoring to ensure production targets are obtained.
- Prep material lists timely to insure job flow.
- Responsible for managing equipment as needed.
- Responsible for Jobsite tool inventory, maintenance, and safety.
- Finish projects on or underprovided budget targets, on or underprovided timeframes, and always maintain quality control standards.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by Superintendent.
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures across the various trades and within commercial construction.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the discipline, construction technology, design, applicable codes, and professional standards.
- Ability to analyze and resolve construction process problems and issues, and effectively communicate and interface with all levels of personnel.
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communication and team skills.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and then works independently with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong focus on quality.
- Ability to read blueprints and other job-related documents.
- Five years of relevant construction experience or two years of construction management experience.
- Work experience in ALL disciplines of construction is a plus.
- Experience in a commercial or industrial work setting.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Drug Screen
- Must be physically fit and able to carry/lift 65 lbs.
- Be comfortable operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, kneel, and sit for extended lengths of time.
- Ability to work with arms extended overhead.
- 40 plus hours work week is an expectation. This position is the first to arrive at a Jobsite and the last to leave.
- Willingness to travel as necessary around the local Puget Sound region from Jobsite to Jobsite.
Compensation and Benefits
- $67k-$77k DOE
- Cell Phone
- Company Truck
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- PTO / Sick Pay
Please submit a resume and/or recent work history.
SRC Land Development, Inc. provides equal opportunities for everyone regardless of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. This equality of opportunity is reflected in all company practices and policies regarding hiring, training, promotions, transfers, rates of pay, layoff and all other business practices.
SRC Land Development, Inc. relies upon the accuracy of information provided by the applicant in the employment application, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in the exclusion of the individual from further consideration of employment or if the person is hired, termination of employment. All offers of employment are contingent upon references and background checks and their findings to be satisfactory to the company at its sole discretion.
To apply for this job email your details to admin@SteveRConst.com